1908: Portia Law School is founded as the only law school in the country exclusively for women.
1923: Blanche Braxton ’21 becomes the first African American woman to be admitted to the Massachusetts bar.
1938: Portia Law School becomes coeducational as men begin attending.
1962: Margaret H. Bauer, a graduate of Portia Law School, becomes its first female dean.
1965: The first edition of the Portia Law Journal launches. Today, the journal is the New England Law Review.
1969: The American Bar Association grants accreditation to Portia Law School (renamed New England School of Law).
1973: William O. Douglas is the first of seven Supreme Court justices to visit New England Law.
1980: New England School of Law moves to expanded facilities.
1990: The Charles Hamilton Houston Enrichment Program is established to address racial bias, promote law school diversity, and provide a supportive community for minority students.
1997: New England School of Law is a founding member of the Consortium for Innovative Legal Education, Inc.
1998: New England School of Law becomes a member of the Association of American Law Schools.
2008: Our second century begins with a new name: New England Law | Boston.
2014: New England Law | Boston launches concentrations in two growing fields—Immigration Law and Intellectual Property (IP) Law.