Skip To The Main Content

In This Section

New England Law | Boston awards federal financial aid on an annual basis, and students must reapply yearly.

Incoming applicants should apply for financial aid, whether or not they have heard from the Office of Admissions about their acceptance. Not doing so could jeopardize an applicant’s chances of receiving federal financial aid in a timely manner.

What You Need to Apply for Aid

  • The 2016–2017 Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form is at
  • The Office of Financial Aid E-App is available on the My Fin Aid site. An e-mail is sent to all incoming applicants and current students with log-in information, and it can be resent to you upon request.

More details about these forms

1. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

The FAFSA is required of all students applying for financial aid. You will need to fill out a FAFSA (or renewal FAFSA) for each year you attend New England Law. The New England Law FAFSA code is G08916. Once your FAFSA is completed, the Department of Education will forward an electronic copy of your records to the school for use in verifying your eligibility.

We strongly encourage students to choose the IRS Data Retrieval option when completing the FAFSA, if you are eligible to do so. If you complete and submit your federal tax return to the IRS prior to completing the FAFSA, utilizing this option will pull the data from your return into the FAFSA. If you are selected for verification by the Department of Education, this option will help to reduce any additional paperwork that might be necessary for our office to review. Data will be available from the IRS for this option within one to two weeks, if you filed an electronic return, or six to eight weeks, if you filed a paper return.

If on the FAFSA you listed your tax return status as “will file” because you have not yet filed a return, you can amend your FAFSA by logging back in; change the status to “already filed,” update all relevant income fields, and select the “IRS Data Retrieval” option once you have actually submitted a federal tax return to the IRS.

To successfully use this option you must:
  • Have a federal tax return filed with the IRS (electronically filed tax returns will have data available in one to two weeks; paper tax returns will have data available in six to eight weeks)
  • Have a valid Social Security number
  • Have a Federal Student Aid ID
You will be unable to use this option if:
  • Your marital status changes after the end of the tax year
  • You filed married, filing separately
  • You filed an amended tax return
  • You filed a foreign tax return

If you are not eligible to use this option for any of the reasons listed above, you may need to submit a tax transcript to the Financial Aid Office; we will contact you if this is necessary and provide you with the steps to make this request with the IRS. DO NOT REQUEST A TRANSCRIPT UNLESS WE INSTRUCT YOU TO DO SO. DO NOT SUBMIT A PAPER COPY OF YOUR TAX RETURN; WE CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT THIS DOCUMENT.

2. Documents for the New England Law Financial Aid File

All students requesting financial aid are required to submit a New England Law Financial Aid E-App in addition to completing the FAFSA form. This application gathers information about financial aid for law students that is supplementary to that collected by the FAFSA. The E-App can be completed on the My Fin Aid website. Log-in information for the site will be e-mailed to you.

3. Additional Documents That May Be Requested

If any of the following documents are needed, you will receive an e-mail notification from the Office of Financial Aid.

  • Student Income Verification Form: This form is used to verify untaxed income you have received as well as your tax-filing status.
  • Tax Transcript: This may be requested if your federal tax return is needed, and you are not able to utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Option on the FAFSA. Instructions will be sent to you in the e-mail request on how to obtain a tax transcript.
  • W-2 Forms: These may be requested if you indicate on the FAFSA that you did not file a federal tax return, but you did have income.

I’ve completed these forms. What’s next?

Incoming students’ financial aid award notifications will be e-mailed approximately two to three weeks after your completed file has been reviewed. Returning-student files will be reviewed beginning in mid-May, and students will receive an e-mail notice when their financial aid information is available.

When you receive your e-mailed award notification, log into My Fin Aid to review terms, and accept or decline your federal loans. Students should also review the Documents and Messages tabs on the My Fin Aid site to ensure all necessary documentation has been received for the office’s review and for loan disbursement. Entrance Counseling must be received before the Office of Financial Aid will initiate your loan request. Master Promissory Notes must be received before Direct Loans will disburse your fund request to the school.

Types of aid you are applying for:

Needed before loan disbursement:

Suggested completion date*:

Federal Direct Stafford Loan

May 15, 2016

Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan

May 15, 2016


*Please note: completing documents after the suggested deadline may result in late fees charged by the Office of Student Accounts, if the loans are not originated or disbursed in a timely manner due to late award acceptance or MPN/entrance completion.

Financial Aid Contact Information

Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about financial aid at New England Law | Boston.

Office of Financial Aid
New England Law | Boston
154 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116

Phone: 617-422-7232
Fax: 617-422-7200

Academic Year Office Hours

Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. (Later hours can be arranged for the convenience of Evening Division students.)

The Office of Financial Aid is located at 46 Church Street on the first floor.


Eric Krupski, Director of Financial Aid

April Lombardi, Assistant Director of Financial Aid

Nicole Bonito, Assistant Director of Financial Aid