Summer Program 2015 at New England Law
(For information on the Galway Summer Program through New England Law, please see Study Abroad Programs).
Many students find it necessary to secure funding in order to pay for summer courses. Below is an outline of the application and processing procedures in order to obtain a summer program loan:
- Eligible Loan Programs: Graduate PLUS loans are available for summer classes. A Stafford Loan may be a possibility only if not fully utilized during the academic year.
- Registration Status: Students must be registered for at least 3 credits in order to apply for a Grad PLUS loan; if registered for less than 3 credits, you can only apply for a Private loan.
- Loan Initiation: Once registration ends, our office will email you a budget outline and instructions for initiate a loan for the summer program. The budget outline will display costs for tuition (based on the number of credits you are enrolled for) and moderate living expenses during the summer class period.
- Disbursement of Funds: Disbursement of Federal Stafford and Graduate PLUS loans will be 10 days before the start of the program. Students should keep in mind that Graduate PLUS loans are credit based, so approval is not guaranteed. If utilizing the Grad Plus loan, a 4.292% origination fee will be applied at disbursement. Refund checks for living expenses and book costs are available starting the first day of the summer program in the Office of Student Accounts.
- Miscellaneous: Since a separate summer budget is used for the student's summer loan, it has no bearing on their eligibility for aid in the following year. The summer session budget is only for students enrolled in summer classes at New England Law; if you are not taking summer courses, we cannot certify loans to cover your living expenses over the summer.