Recent Center for International Law and Policy projects and placements
- Researched international legal issues and help draft submissions related to the Convention on the Elimination of All Form of Discrimination against Women.
The ECCC Training Project
- Developed training materials for the staff of the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia.
Hate Speech Project
Advised the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, Kenya National Commission on Human Rights, and the UN Human Rights Council on freedom of expression in regard to hate speech prosecutions and legislation.
Interstate Complicity Project/CIA Renditions in Europe
- Researched European state complicity and applicable legal frameworks in alleged unlawful arrest, detention, and rendition by U.S. agents within Council of Europe member states.
Peacekeeper Accountability Project
- Researched accountability mechanisms for sexual misconduct by civilian and military personnel working on behalf of intergovernmental organizations, including the UN.
Political Violence Documentation and Analysis
- Analyzed violence under various international legal frameworks and provided training to staff of the Kenya National Human Rights Commission.
UN Human Rights Council Project
- Worked on briefs related to the work of the U.S. delegation to the UN Human Rights Council.
U.S. Attitudes Toward Human Rights Treaty Bodies
- Documented and analyzed the U.S. interpretation of its human rights obligations and the legal authority of the bodies that monitor international human rights treaties.
Universal Jurisdiction Project
- Assisted a coalition of nongovernmental human rights organizations seeking advice on legal remedies for gross human rights violations.
War Crimes Project
- Participated in an arrangement with the Office of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia and Rwanda, under which New England Law | Boston students provided legal research and analysis to the war crimes prosecutor on issues pending before the Tribunal.