Griffith Winthrop (Class of 1980)
Griffith J. Winthrop, FBN 0586315
Dependency Court Seminole county
190 Bush Boulevard
Sanford Florida 32773
I have been in public service since graduating from NESL in June 1980, in the following positions:
- Bar Admissions: Massachusetts and New York.
- Pending Application: Florida Norfolk County DA Office (William Delahunt DA), as counsel to their Juvenile Diversion Program (Dave Hayes -Director).
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts DSS as Counsel II Attorney.
- Assigned Counsel (Public Defender) 14 years. Ontario County, Canandaigua, New York
- 4th Judicial Department Law Guardian Panel, Rochester, NY.
- Current: Child Welfare Legal Services Department of Children and Families, Sanford, Seminole County Florida.
- Law Guardian Program: Seminole County, Florida.
- Certified Mediator.
In October, 2008, I retired as supervising attorney for the Department of Children and Families Child Legal Services Office in Seminole county, Sanford, Florida, after 6 years of service. In March, 2009 I was appointed as General Magistrate for Dependency abuse and neglect matters at the Juvenile Justice Center, Seminole county, Sanford, Florida. I am licensed to practice in Mass, NY and Florida.