All classes cancelled Wednesday, law school closed
All New England Law | Boston classes scheduled for Wednesday are cancelled. The Stuart Street building and library are closed. The law school will resume its regular schedule Thursday. Please allow ample time for travel and consider taking public transportation if possible. On-street and garage parking are extremely limited. Please use your best judgment in deciding your commuting plans and travel safely.
Griffith Winthrop (Class of 1980)
Griffith J. Winthrop, FBN 0586315
Dependency Court Seminole county
190 Bush Boulevard
Sanford Florida 32773
I have been in public service since graduating from NESL in June 1980, in the following positions:
- Bar Admissions: Massachusetts and New York.
- Pending Application: Florida Norfolk County DA Office (William Delahunt DA), as counsel to their Juvenile Diversion Program (Dave Hayes -Director).
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts DSS as Counsel II Attorney.
- Assigned Counsel (Public Defender) 14 years. Ontario County, Canandaigua, New York
- 4th Judicial Department Law Guardian Panel, Rochester, NY.
- Current: Child Welfare Legal Services Department of Children and Families, Sanford, Seminole County Florida.
- Law Guardian Program: Seminole County, Florida.
- Certified Mediator.
In October, 2008, I retired as supervising attorney for the Department of Children and Families Child Legal Services Office in Seminole county, Sanford, Florida, after 6 years of service. In March, 2009 I was appointed as General Magistrate for Dependency abuse and neglect matters at the Juvenile Justice Center, Seminole county, Sanford, Florida. I am licensed to practice in Mass, NY and Florida.