Cherry Room Policy
The Cherry Room on the Library's second floor is intended as a quiet area for student reading and study. Its elegant design makes it an appropriate setting on occasion for important school functions and receptions for guests from outside the law school. Because we wish to leave it available for student study for as much of the time as possible, request for other uses by student organizations are granted only after careful consideration of a number of factors by the Library in conjunction with Student Services.
Factors considered include:
- availability of alternate space (classrooms, student lounge, budgeted rental of outside space)
- whether outside speakers or outside guests will be attending
- the number of persons expected
- the time of year
- conflicts with other scheduled events
- maximum 3 events per week permitted
No events will be scheduled during the last week of classes and exam period.
Please be aware that the Cherry Room in the Library is booked well in advance and availability is extremely limited.
To reserve the Cherry Room, please fill out the online Request for Event/Room form.
If you have any questions regarding the group study rooms or rules, please contact Anne Acton (617) 422-7290 or firstname.lastname@example.org.