Laptop Use in the library
The library has 13 Dell and 13 Mac laptops that can be checked out to current students for use within the Stuart Street building. They can be borrowed for a period of three hours. Patrons are asked to carefully read the policy and procedures sheet that accompany the laptops before signing it.
- Laptops must remain in the Stuart Street building and may not be left unattended.
- No food or drink should be anywhere near the laptop while in your care.
- All laptops have batteries and an AC adapter to plug into a wall outlet.
- When finished, please power down by using the Start button; select Shut Down and click on OK.
- Each laptop should be accompanied by a DVD drive, power adaptor and electrical cord as well as a security lock to be used if the laptop is left unattended. All of this equipment must stay with the laptop.
- Circulating laptops have MS Office 2010, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPerfect 12, Cute PDF, Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 14, Adobe Reader X, Quicktime Player, Real Player, Windows Media Player, Adobe Shockwave Player, Adobe Flash Player and McAfee Anti Virus.
- The library has the following laptop equipment available for checkout for 3 hours: Dell adaptors, Mac adaptors, Panasonic DVD players and laptop security locks.
- No other software should be installed or downloaded to this equipment.
- Laptops provide access to all internet and web-based resources, and printing is to our Pharos printing system.
- Each laptop has Cute PDF so that word documents can be converted to PDF documents. Click here for instructions
- All work must be saved on a usb drive (memory stick/flashdrive/thumbdrive)
- Problems with access or software should be reported promptly to the circulation desk assistant or reference librarian on duty.
Laptops are due back one half hour before the library closes.