Volunteer with the CORI Initiative
The CORI Initiative: A project of the Center for Law and Social Responsibility
The CORI Initiative is an opportunity for New England Law students of all years to:
- Aid Greater Boston’s indigent community
- Complete real-life legal work
- Develop client-communication skills
- Enhance legal writing skills
- Work in a team atmosphere
- Work with public interest and criminal justice-focused peers
- Contribute volunteer time towards a Public Service Notation on your transcript
As members of the CORI Initiative, we meet weekly on Friday afternoons starting at 2:00 PM in the St. James Ave. building.
At the weekly meetings, we maintain our client files by affidavit drafting, communicating with clients, and preparing the attendant documents for filing a petition to seal a CORI. There will also be regulation/ policy side-projects and opportunities to do intake at local courts during the year.
The Initiative is supervised by Professor David Siegel and managed by 3L Benjamin Y Jones.
If interested in participating in the project or for more information about the CORI Initiative, please contact email@example.com.