Boston Bar Association Membership Program
New England Law | Boston has again partnered with the Boston Bar Association (BBA) for the 2016-2017 school year to offer students school-sponsored memberships to the BBA.
New England Law was the first law school in Massachusetts to connect its students in this manner to the BBA, a vibrant professional community of more than 11,000 existing members, including top practitioners, judges, regulators, and in-house counsel.
Here are some of the many ways that you can make the most of your BBA membership:
- Build your professional network and expand your knowledge with hundreds of practice-oriented education programs and networking opportunities;
- Join the BBA’s 70 Sections and Committees to explore different areas of practice – and easily join any of the BBA’s six Affinity Bar Associations;
- Make an impact by getting involved with the New Lawyers Section;
- Participate in experiential learning through the BBA’s Judicial Internship Program or its nationally recognized Public Service Programs;
- Visit the BBA calendar for upcoming events!
To activate your BBA membership, follow the instructions below:
- Click the "Join the BBA" link on the BBA Membership homepage.
- Select "New User," enter your contact information, and choose "Law Student Member."
- Fill in campaign code on the checkout page to start your membership. (Please contact the Career Services Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, for the campaign code.)
Returning students who have already signed up:
If you activated your BBA membership during a previous school year, your membership has been renewed automatically and there is no need to take further action for this year.
- If you aren’t sure if you activated your BBA membership, contact the BBA at email@example.com or 617-778-1946.
- If you don’t remember your password, please enter your e-mail address here and the BBA will send your password to you.
Class of 2016
Class of 2016 graduates have membership through August 31, 2016. The BBA has provided a special discount code to enable 2016 graduates to renew for the 2016-2017 Program at a rate of only $60 (regular new lawyer membership is $135) using a special campaign code. (Please contact the Career Services Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, for the campaign code.) This code is valid through October 31, 2016, and, once paid, will renew that person’s membership through August 31, 2017.
If you already have a membership, the link to renew is here, you just need to log on. If you have never joined the BBA, select “new user.” Please Note: Once law students graduate, the general BBA member type is "Regular Member." If one of the following is more applicable to you based on your employment (i.e. In-House, Government, Legal Services), please select the appropriate membership category. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.