Law School Career Services Office
Greetings from the New England Law | Boston Career Services Office (CSO). We provide students and alumni with the resources to pursue a successful legal career. Our services are tailored to fit your needs, whether you are a first year student at New England Law or if you graduated several years ago.
- Make an appointment with a career counselor
- Use our resume and cover letter review service
- Search for a legal job or internship
- Stay informed
- Meet our staff
- Contact the CSO
- A personalized session with one of our experienced career counselors will help you identify your goals and chart a course for success.
- The CSO sponsors networking, job search advice, and practice area programs throughout the school year.
- It’s never too early to make valuable career connections, which is why all students, including 1Ls, are invited to connect with our successful alumni at the CSO's annual Alumni Career Forum.
- Preparing for an upcoming interview? Schedule a mock interview appointment to practice your interview skills and learn about proper etiquette and attire.
- Ready to apply for a job? We'll review your resume and cover letter for spelling, content, grammar, and legal formatting.
- If you're searching for jobs outside of Massachusetts, you can also request reciprocity through the CSO. This will allow you to search for jobs through a law school in another state. [Back to top.]
- Each 1L meets with a CSO counselor to discuss career plans, review and polish their legal resume, and create an individualized strategy to achieve career goals. (Make an appointment with a Career Counselor.)
Thank you again for meeting with me! It was extremely helpful and has put me on a good track to figure out my future plans. I fixed some things on my resume that we talked about. ~ Christina Bailey ’14 [Back to top.]
- The Bridge to Success Mentor Program provides students with the opportunity to partner with a New England Law graduate who shares a common background, interests, or practice area and gain practical career advice. (The program features valuable networking events.) [Back to top.]
- New England Law | Boston is the only law school in Massachusetts to offer students a free, one-year membership to the Boston Bar Association (BBA). Members of the graduating class have access to hundreds of free educational programs, networking opportunities, and social events at the Boston Bar Association.
- The CSO's weekly job posting listserv helps members of the graduating class find employment. [Back to top.]
- Graduates can take advantage of free, unlimited career counseling during times of career transition. [Back to top.]
Search for a Legal Job or Internship
A personalized session with an experienced career counselor will help you identify your goals and chart a course for success. You may also schedule a mock interview to prepare for an upcoming interview. First year students are required to meet with a career services counselor after November 1 of their first academic year.
Early and late counseling appointments are available upon request, Monday through Thursday. Please note that appointments scheduled outside of regular office hours must be made at least 48 hours in advance. Call the office at 617-422-7229 to schedule an appointment today. [Back to top.]
Students have access to hundreds of internship and postgraduate job postings through school sponsored job search sites and can search legal job postings and participate in on- and off-campus recruitment programs through our Symplicity site. To access, you will need your Student ID# and a password (sent to you in November of your first year.) If you don't have a password, please call the CSO at 617-422-7229. [Back to top.]
The Career Resources Blog was recently recognized by Online Universities as “...a great resource for any job-hunting student.” It provides New England Law students with up-to-date career information and resources needed to pursue their career goals. Check the blog for posts about writing samples, interview tips, new online resources, and much more.
The "FYI from the CSO" weekly newsletter contains information about recruitment opportunities, announcements about upcoming programs, and a special "jobs of the week" feature. FYI's are sent to students' e-mail accounts each week during the school year, and are also available on the bulletin board on the 3rd floor of the Stuart Street building and online. [Back to top.]
Follow the CSO on Twitter: @NELBostonCSO
Become a CSO fan of Facebook: www.facebook.com/NELBostonCSO
Career Services Office
New England Law | Boston
154 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116
Because of the large number of law schools in Boston and the region, the local legal employment market is very competitive. Students must remain open to various job possibilities and are urged to consider opportunities outside the Boston area. Career planning and placement are the individual responsibility of each student and graduate. The Career Services Office supports this effort by providing guidance and assistance to both current students and alumni.