Bar Preparation Resources
What subjects are tested in each state? What bar exams are required for each state? How do I register? How do I contact the bar examiners in a state? What are the deadlines?
- To answer any of these questions consult the National Conference of Bar Examiners website and download a copy of their publication the Comprehensive Guide to Bar Admissions.
Massachusetts information can be found on the Board of Bar Examiners website:
- Massachusetts Board of Bar Examiners:
- Registration Requirements.
- Past Essay Exams.
- Rules Pertaining to Admission to the Bar.
- Rule on Character and Fitness.
Information on taking a bar review course
Bar Review Companies
- American Bar Association. Section on Legal Education & Admission to the Bar
- ABA Bar Admissions information
Past State Essay Exams
- If you would like to see the actual exams administered in a specific state, we have many of them on microfiche in the New England Law library.