Immigration Law Resources
- Careers in Immigration Law http://www.abanet.org/publiced/youth/sia/immigrants/immigrationcareers.html Adapted from Lisa Stansky, "Hot Practice: Immigration law has applications far broader than you might expect," Student Lawyer (Nov. 2000): 10-11. A publication of the ABA Young Lawyers Division.
- New England Law student organization Immigration Law Association
- Greater Boston Legal Services (Immigration Unit) http://www.gbls.org/immigration/index.htm
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Immigration Practice Section http://www.massbar.org/for-attorneys/sections/immigration-law
- American Bar Association Litigation Section, Immigration http://www.abanet.org/litigation/committees/immigration/home.html
- ABA Labor Section on Immigration, http://www.abanet.org/dch/committee.cfm?com=LL106000
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) http://www.aila.org/
- NYU Immigration Law Moot Court Competition http://www.law.nyu.edu/journals/mootcourtboard/immigrationlawcompetition/index.htm
- UCDavis Asylum and Refugee Law National Moot Court Competition http://students.law.ucdavis.edu/mootcourt/aboutthecompetition.shtml
- ImmigrationProf Blog http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/immigration/
- The US Immigration Law News Blog http://ashwinsharma.com/
- Center for Immigration Law Blog http://www.cis.org/
- Latest posts from Immigration Law Blawgs @ blawg.com http://www.blawg.com/Listing.aspx?CategoriesID=44
Immigration Law Basics
- Findlaw http://immigration.findlaw.com/immigration/immigration-overview/ provides a good overview of the basic legal issues
- National Immigration Law Center http://www.nilc.org/index.htm The NILC’s mission is to protect and promote the rights and opportunities of low-income immigrants and their family members. They track important legal developments and the law as it affects immigrant’s rights.
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis The official government site for official immigration matters
- United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) http://www.ice.gov/ The official government site for enforcement; a subsidiary of the Department of Homeland Security.
- United States Immigration Support http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/ This organization is not a government agency but provides a large number of immigration forms for downloading.