Skip to Main Content Return to the New England Law | Boston home page
[X] close
All classes cancelled Wednesday, law school closed
All New England Law | Boston classes scheduled for Wednesday are cancelled. The Stuart Street building and library are closed. The law school will resume its regular schedule Thursday. Please allow ample time for travel and consider taking public transportation if possible. On-street and garage parking are extremely limited. Please use your best judgment in deciding your commuting plans and travel safely. more >

Non–New England Law | Boston Summer Programs

Students who wish to receive credit for summer law programs offered at other ABA-accredited law schools or CILE summer abroad programs must submit this form before any letter of good standing can be processed. First-year students wanting to attend any summer program and non-first-years wanting to attend a non-CILE summer program must be approved by the Director of Student Services as well, before a letter of good standing can be processed.

Student Status


Class Year

Proposed Program of Study

CILE School Program:

Non-CILE School Program:

Summer Affidavit

I understand that, as a New England Law | Boston student, I may not use credit earned during the summer to decrease my tuition obligation to New England Law | Boston during any regular semester. If I wish to use summer credit to accelerate my date of graduation, I may do so only with written permission from the dean, which must be requested through the director of student services, and payment of a tuition equalization charge. The tuition equalization charge will be equal to the difference between the amount of regular academic year tuition that I am expected to pay by the accelerated date of graduation and the amount of regular academic year tuition that I would have been expected to pay if I had graduated when originally contemplated. This charge (which excludes summer school tuition) adjusts my tuition to reflect my overall tuition obligation to New England Law | Boston for the J.D. program. If I am a Special Part-time student and enroll in a summer course, I must consult the Office of the Controller to determine the tuition equalization charge.

(Based on Rule A.6 of the Student Handbook: Rules and Regulations)

I confirm I have read and understood the terms of the Summer Affidavit.