New England Law | Boston's Student Animal Legal Defense Fund
Executive Board 2015 - 2016
President: Brittany Ling '17
Vice President: Katherine Mitchell '16
Treasurer: Natasia Partynski '16
Events Coordinator: Ashley Mann '16
The Student Animal Legal Defense Fund was created to promote awareness of Animal Law, which encompasses statutes and case law related to animals or with an animal component. The organization was also created to provide opportunities on campus for students to get involved with Animal Law. The New England Law | Boston Student Animal Legal Defense Fund is dedicated to providing a forum for education, advocacy, and scholarship aimed at protecting the lives and advancing the interests of animals through the legal system, and raising the profile for the field of animal law.
- Angell Walk for the Animals in the Boston Common
- Run FUR Fun 5K - Animal Law Raised over $1800.00 for the MSPCA's Animal Protection Programs
- Wellness Week Stress Paw Handouts
- Speaker Series - Look for our Panel Event discussing Careers in Animal Law and Animal Advocacy
- GoGreen! Mixer Fundraiser Benefiting Animal and Environmental Issues - co-hosted with Environmental Law Society
- Movie Event on Relevant Animal Law related issues
- Wellness Week Therapy Dogs brought in by Dog B.O.N.E.S. Organization
HOW CAN I BE A PART OF THE STUDENT ANIMAL LEGAL DEFENSE FUND?
Join the SALDF TWEN page to stay current on all things Animal Law!
For even more information, check out the following links:
- Animal Legal Defense Fund, http://www.aldf.org/
- The Greyhound Protection Act, http://www.protectdogs.org/
- Compassion Over Killing (Vegan Lifestyle), http://www.cok.net/
- Compassion Over Killing (Vegetarian Lifestyle), http://www.tryveg.com/cfi/toc/
- The Humane Society, http://www.hsus.org/
- Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (MSPCA), http://www.mspca.org/site/PageServer/
- International Institute for Animal Law, http://www.animallaw.com/