Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
What is Phi Alpha Delta?
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International is a professional law fraternity advancing integrity, compassion and courage through service to the student, the school, the profession and the community. We are the preeminent law fraternity promoting the bonds of fraternalism and we are the leader in the development and advancement of professional ideals.
MacLean Chapter Fall Initiation 2008
Declaration of Purpose
The purpose of this Fraternity shall be to form a strong bond uniting students and teachers of the law with members of the Bench and Bar in a fraternal fellowship designed to advance the ideals of liberty and equal justice under law; to stimulate excellence in scholarship; to inspire the virtues of compassion and courage; to foster integrity and professional competence; to promote the welfare of its members; and to encourage their moral, intellectual and cultural advancement; so that each member may enjoy a lifetime of honorable professional and public service.
A Fraternity of Firsts!
Phi Alpha Delta was the first fraternity to:
- Open membership to all genders, races, creeds and national origins.
- Receive support from the U.S. Department of Justice for Law-Related Education and Youth For Justice Programs.
- Establish its own separate organization devoted to serving its members' communities, the P.A.D. Public Service Center
- Establish a Pre-Law Program to assist undergraduate students interested in the law.
- Hold P.A.D. Day at the Supreme Court, a day designated for P.A.D. attorneys to be admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Conduct an Annual Food Drive to directly benefit food banks chosen by chapters in their local communities.
- Implement an on-line membership database for networking students and alumni/ae together.
Who is Part of Phi Alpha Delta?
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, Fall 2008
Prominent members of Phi Alpha Delta include United States presidents, Supreme Court justices, cabinet members, United States senators, and members of Congress! For more information, please visit http://www.padcommunity.org/page.php?page_id=9204 or www.pad.org!
Phi Alpha Delta, MacLean Chapter Executive Board 2012-2013
- Justice: Nathan Moore '14
- Vice-Justice: TBD
- Treasurer: Amanda Casselman '14
- Clerk: Naitasia Hensey '14
- Marshal: Sheila MacArthur '13
Programs and Events
Fall 2012 Events
- Beruiting to Save Second Base on 9/29 at 8 p.m. at Sweetwater
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer on 10/2 at 8:30 a.m. at Transportation Building
- Saturday's Bread Soup Kitchen on 11/19 at Beacon Hill
- Home for little Wanderers on 11/22
- Dirty Little Secrets on 12/01
- Valentine's Cards for Soldiers (Week of Feb. 8)
- How to Fix Those Midterm Mistakes! (TBD)
- Spring Initiation for New Members (March 23)
- Charity Social with Suffolk University Law School (TBD)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraiser Week (including Bake Sales, a Charity Social, T-Shirt sales and more)
- Host of the 2009 Phi Alpha Delta District Conference
- Fall Initiation and Social
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
- Charity Social with Suffolk Law School (All proceeds went to "Home for Little Wanderers")
- Dirty Little Secrets of Final Exams (Co-sponsored with SBA 1L Affairs Committee)
Do you want to become a member of the MacLean Chapter of Phi Alpha Delta? Contact any member of the executive board, register on TWEN, or join at http://www.padcommunity.org/page.php?page_id=9919. We look forward to meeting you!