Women's Law Caucus
The Women's Law Caucus of New England Law | Boston is an established school organization committed to promoting social justice and equality for women and men. The Women's Law Caucus will seek to educate, inform, and provide services both informational and practical to the whole community at New England Law | Boston. This caucus shall be non-profit, non-commercial, non-sectarian, and non-partisan.
The group meets in person several times each semester, and there are smaller specialty meetings designed for the planning of events for those interested. The Women’s Law Caucus also has a TWEN page where our meeting minutes, contact information, and event descriptions may be found.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Week – In 2012-13 we were able to reach our donation goals and enjoyed ourselves while participating in the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in Boston. This year we will be teaming up with several other school organizations to further the commitment New England Law | Boston has in the fight against breast cancer.
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month- Each October the Women’s Law Caucus holds an annual Benefit Concert, which raises money for local organizations that aid victims of domestic violence.
- The Follies – The follies is by far the Women’s Law Caucus’ largest and most successful event. It is held to raise money for the Mary Jo Frug Grant, which gives money to New England Law | Boston students who will be working in the Domestic Violence field as unpaid interns. (Please visit the WLC TWEN page to access Mary Jo Frug’s manifesto.) The 2012 event included live music, intermittent comedy acts, a silent auction, cash bar, and complimentary appetizers.
WLC Executive Board 2013-2014:
- President: Erica Kasten ‘14
- Vice President: Laticia Walker ’14
- Treasurer: Crystal Kennedy ’14
- Secretary: Parker Reynolds ‘15
- Event Coordinator: Abbigail Shirk ‘14
- Evening Liaison: Teresa Grzeczkowicz ‘14
Contact any of the executive board members above, join the WLC TWEN page, or look out for our event fliers around school!