Who We Are
The Women's Law Caucus of New England Law | Boston is an established school organization committed to promoting social justice and equality for women and men. The Women's Law Caucus seeks to educate, inform, and provide services both informational and practical to the whole New England Law community. Additionally, we strive to honor the legacy of our many distinguished alumnae who were members of a pioneering class of female attorneys in Boston.
Executive Board 2014-2015
- President: Sara Conway '16
- Vice President: Colleen Decker '16
- Treasurer: Amanda Collins '16
- Secretary: Meredith Underwood '16
- Evening Liaison / 1L Representative: Melissa O'Mara '17
For the upcoming academic year the Women’s Law Caucus will strive to continue as a prominent student organization at New England Law | Boston, emphasizing the development and achievements of women in the field of law, while fostering relationships among law students, faculty, and community at large. We will work diligently to promote involvement from students, faculty, and administration to raise awareness and funds for problems typically described as women’s issues but affecting men, women, and children. These issues include domestic violence, breast cancer, same-sex marriage, and AIDS.
This year we are hosting a number of exciting events, including:
- a week-long penny-war competition between the 1L, 2L, 3L, and evening division students to raise both awareness and funds during Domestic Violence Awareness Month;
- dodgeball tournament on Thursday, October 2, 2014, in collaboration with Phi Delta Phi, Phi Alpha Delta, Athletics Committee, and the American Health Lawyers Association. All proceeds go to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer;
- participation in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in collaboration with Phi Delta Phi and Phi Alpha Delta on October 5, 2014, as team, “We Object to Breast Cancer;”
- co-sponsoring a “Women in Federal Practice” panel with the Federal Bar Association, featuring federal practitioners and judges on November 10, 2014;
- co-sponsoring a Masquerade Murder Mystery Party on Friday, November 21, 2014, for World Aids Day with the OUTLaws, AFLS, JLSA, BLS, ALS, WLC, ILA, ILS, ELS, LALSA, HLS, and MS;
- film screening in collaboration with the OUTlaws to show The Case Against 8 (The documentary follows Hollingsworth v. Perry);
- Women’s Heart Health Valentines Giveaway. Proceeds will be donated to the American Heart Association;
- and THE FOLLIES, our largest and most successful event! We host the Follies to raise money for the Mary Jo Frug Grant, which gives money to New England Law | Boston students who will be working in the Domestic Violence field as unpaid interns.
If you would like to learn more about the Women’s Law Caucus, please contact any of the executive board members above and:
- sign up for the WLC on TWEN;
- join the “New England Law | Boston Women’s Law Caucus” Facebook group;
- follow us on Twitter @WLCNESL;
- attend a WLC meeting or event.